Aboriginal media is the medium through which Indigenous Australians are able to access, digitise and celebrate a dynamic and evolving culture, through story-telling, language, film and recordings.
The medium empowers contemporary communities to reflect a strong culture. To hear new music, educate, give voice to community and reflect its views and people – Opportunities not available via any other media.
..the unique value of remote community media for language and cultural maintenance, information sharing, meaningful employment and empowering communities through self-representation. (Don Baylis, TEABBA)
- Perfect for a culture based on song and story-telling
- Freely available to all communities whether urban, regional or remote
- Easy to adapt content by using Indigenous talent
- Effective for audience with low average literacy
- Reaching communities all over Australia
- Very suitable for audiences who speak English as a second language
- Effective for low literacy audiences
- Extremely popular
Online is evolving quickly.
Spots & Space represent Australia’s best Indigenous content websites. Find out more Contact Us